Waianuhea is located half way between Kona and Hilo on The lush and peaceful Hamakua Coast.
: 808-775-1118 : 888-775-2577
P.O. Box 185
Honoka'a, HI 96727
View map of area
Waianuhea is a soothing, peaceful, and luxurious Hawaii bed and breakfast. Located in beautiful Ahualoa above the town of Honokaa on the Big Island of Hawaii, Waianuhea's Hawaii lodging combines a sense of remote retreat with modern convenience and sumptuous furnishings. We have five wonderful rooms to offer the discriminating traveler: two queen bed rooms, two large king bed rooms, and one full suite, with special large soaking tubs in the king room baths. Gas stoves complement and warm the three larger rooms.
Room rates include a wine tasting and appetizer hour nightly. A hot gourmet breakfast greets the traveler each morning and dinners may be arranged by reservation. Our Chefs create meals using the best ingredients grown and raised here on The Big Island that are suitable to your dietary wants and needs.
Our gracious staff is also happy to assist you arranging other amenities such as massages, catering, and tours to fulfill your vacation dreams.
Waianuhea proves that eco-friendly living does not have to exclude modern convenience. Our electricity is solar generated and internet access and TV programming is provided via satellite. We also provide DVD and CD players in each room, along with a large DVD collection for your enjoyment.
Waianuhea - a place to find yourself, a place to let go of the stresses and cares of daily living, a place to come home to.
Aloha, Randy Goff
- Located in beautiful Ahualoa at the 2500 foot elevation above Honokaa Town, we offer the visitor a different perspective of life in Hawai'i. Halfway between Hilo and Kona, Waianuhea is a welcome respite from the busier parts of the island and also a great base for sightseeing adventures.
- All rooms have private baths, TVs, DVD and CD players, satellite television programming, phones, internet access, comfy robes and slippers. Some rooms include a gas or wood stove, large soaking tub, lanai or private deck.
Five rooms are available: two queen rooms, two king rooms, and one suite with a king bed and queen sleeper sofa.
- $210 - $400 per night, single or double occupancy. $30 extra person charge.
- Breakfast at Waianuhea is a gourmet's delight complete with fruit plate and hot entree served by our cheery waitstaff in our dining area. On the side bar are cereals and yogurts for your selection. You may also have a continental breakfast tray brought to your room. All food selections are as organic and local whenever possible, and we are happy to accommodate vegetarian or other dietary restrictions.
Well-stocked snack and meal bar, massage room, extensive DVD library, small gift shop, jacuzzi, beautiful grounds, BBQ grill.
Waianuhea is also well suited for small weddings, retreats, corporate meetings, and workshops: our Great Room, extra half baths and spacious relaxation area with a treatment room and large spa make an ideal setting for any event.
Cable/Satellite TV Detached Suite(s) Fireplace Hot-Tub Innkeeper offsite Internet Access King Bed Kitchen Private Bath Private Lanai Queen Bed
- We accept cash, travelers checks, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover Card. A deposit of one night's room rate plus applicable taxes is due upon booking.
If your plans change and you have booked two or less rooms, notifying us more than 48 hours prior to arrival will entitle you to a full refund. If you notify us less than 48 hours prior to arrival, you will forfeit your deposit unless we are able to rebook the room. When booking three or more rooms, cancellation with refund requires two week's notice prior to date of arrival.
American Express Cash Discover Master Card Traveler's Check Visa
P.O. Box 185
Have you stayed with us?
Have you stayed at Waianuhea ? Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Association would like to know about your experience. Please use the form below to tell us about your stay with Waianuhea . Your comments will be sent to the association as well as to the inn-keeper.
Please do not include any urls in your message. Domains should be written as www.site-dot-com. Fields with * are required.
This listing has been viewed 17997 times. Modified: 06/05/2012