Leilani Bed And Breakfast
The Leilani Bed & Breakfast is a historic volcanic rock home built by one of the first "settlers" in Ocean View, HI. The property has a wonderful park-like setting with tropical gardens and an orchard of trees, which provide many of the fruits and nuts for our breakfasts. The lava rock home and tropical gardens create a wonderful ambiance. You can explore the grounds and see 3 giant pukas (lava tube holes).
92-8822 Leilani Parkway
Ocean View, HI 96737
View map of area
At Leilani Bed & Breakfast, you'll enjoy affordable luxury, surrounded by the natural beauty of Hawaii's Big Island. Off the beaten path, Leilani Bed & Breakfast caters to the adventure traveler visiting the Big Island who wants comfortable, relaxing and affordable accommodations and the opportunity to explore the natural wonders of the southern end of the Big Island. Vacationers no longer have to feel rushed when traveling between Kona and Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park and further to Hilo. The Leilani Bed & Breakfast offers a beautiful and luxurious park-like retreat for seeing this "other side" of paradise. The personality of this "hidden treasure" estate is set by the rock construction of the house, giving it a rustic look and feel amongst tropical gardens, green lawns, ohi'a-lehua trees and fantastic volcanic formations. The property borders on 3 huge lava tubes (pukas), a rare sight for those who love the beauty of nature.
Leilani Bed and Breakfast also offers you, the traveler, an inexpensive whale watching experience on the BigIsland of Hawaii. It is close to three great areas to view whales from the shoreline!:
. South point (the turn off road is just 8 miles away)
. The scenic outlook on the cliff south of Whittington Beach (just 20 minutes away)
. Whiting Beach Park.
For a closer encounter with whales, we can give you pointers on local boat excursions, charters and tours. You can start your whale watching in Hawaii here!
Please visit our website for more details on this tropical gem of Hawaiian style living and other locations and activities of interest.
Aloha, Randy and Lynn VanLeeuwen
- Leilani B&B is situated roughly half way between Kona and Hilo on the southern tip of the Big Island. At a 2000-foot elevation, the temperature is near perfect year round. Located just a few minutes from Manuka State Park, Southpoint - the southernmost point of the USA with Green Sand Beach, Kula Kai Caverns, and the new Kahuku section of Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, 30 minutes from Black Sand Beach and less than an hour from the main section of Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park. It is a great
vacation base for travelers wanting to enjoy the sunny Kona side of the island and be close enough to explore the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park as well. It is also a great stop for those circumnavigating the island.
From the scenic Highway 11 at mile marker 78 in Ocean View, turn up mountain onto Leilani Parkway and proceed 1.5 blocks.
- Leilani Bed & Breakfast has recently been redecorated
and updated for today's traveler. It provides you with many modern
conveniences while maintaining its original rustic ambiance. Each of the
three bedrooms has their own character. All bedrooms have private bath,
private entrance off the lanai, satellite television, wireless Internet,
luxurious towels and linens and fresh flowers. The Orchid and Shell Rooms
have a full bath/shower combination for long soaks after a hike.
- $89 - $139. Stay more than one night and get our multi-night discount.
- We serve a Hawaiian continental breakfast buffet featuring a tropical fruit platter with many fruits grown on the property in season, nuts, local Ka'u coffee, and fresh breads and pastries. Cereals, juices, yogurt, and teas are also provided.
- 900 sq. ft. enclosed garden lanai with waterfall
. Microwave and small refrigerator in common area
. Wireless internet access
. Travel information
. Massage bookings available
. Art gallery on premises
. Restaurants and grocery stores in the immediate area
. Books on Hawaii and attractions available for reading
. Exercise bike
Cable/Satellite TV Innkeeper onsite Internet Access On-site Activities Private Bath Queen Bed
- Payments - We accept VISA, Master Card, JCB, cash, and travelers checks. Deposits - To guarantee your reservations, full payment is required for all one night stays and Holiday Weeks. A 50% deposit is required for all other reservations. Balance is due upon arrival.
Cancellations - Deposits will be cheerfully refunded, minus a $30 handling fee for cancellations up to one month prior to arrival for Holiday Weeks or two weeks in advance of stay for all other dates.
Early departure - Should it be necessary for you to depart earlier than your confirmed departure date, you will be responsible for the full amount of your booking.
Cash Master Card Traveler's Check Visa
- Book Online
- Check Availability
: Randy and Lynn
92-8822 Leilani Parkway
Have you stayed with us?
Have you stayed at Leilani Bed And Breakfast? Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Association would like to know about your experience. Please use the form below to tell us about your stay with Leilani Bed And Breakfast. Your comments will be sent to the association as well as to the inn-keeper.
Please do not include any urls in your message. Domains should be written as www.site-dot-com. Fields with * are required.
This listing has been viewed 46328 times. Modified: 02/26/2014