Holmes Sweet Home
Spacious home in a cul-de-sac in lovely and quiet old neighborhood, located at the 800 foot elevation with a panoramic view of Hilo Bay & the ocean for glorious sunrise viewing. Look for the solar lights atop of the rock wall on the left side of the street about two thirds of the way into the street and drive through the open white iron gate.
107 Koula St
Hilo, HI 96720
View map of area
Enjoy our cool, quiet, tropical setting, breath taking view of Hilo Bay, and majestic Mauna Kea.
Relax and unwind in easy chairs and on the long window seat in the spacious sitting room. Sip tasty island juices. Guests set the time for us to serve our fresh island-style breakfasts. Our hospitality receives high ratings.
Our large lanai affords spectacular sunrises and the airport lights at night. You will enjoy seeing orchids, ferns, native plants and colorful crotons.
Just five minutes away is historic downtown Hilo where you will find a wide variety of churches, shops, boutiques, and restaurants which offer a broad selection of international cuisine.
You will also enjoy the exciting new Astromnomy Center, Lyman museum with the worlds finest rock and mineral collection, the Tsunami (Tidal Wave) Museum, beautiful Rainbow Falls, famous Boiling Pots, and Hawaiis most popular Farmers Market. One of our biggest attractions is Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, only 45 minutes away.
Aloha, John and Charlotte
- In Hilo, on the tropical east coast, five minutes drive from the historic downtown, and an easy twenty minutes from the airport.
You may download a sketch map showing exacly where we are located. Click on ACTIVITIES (page 3) of our web page and scroll down.
- Two sparklingly clean, bedrooms each with queen-sized beds, private entrances and private baths, luggage racks, ample closets,. The Blue Ginger room is wheel-chair accessible and has an extra twin bed with double sinks in the bathroom. The Blue Ginger suite can accommodate a maximum of 4 persons while the Hawaiian Tropical suite can accommodate a maximum of 2 persons. Both rooms have DSL internet access
- Hawaiian Tropical Suite rate: $90 per night plus tax Blue Ginger Suite rate: $105 per night plus tax
Rates based on 2 people. $15 surcharge for a 1 night stay. Please add $15 for each additional person. We are not equipped for children under the age of 7. See our web page, click on AVAILABILITY: www.holmesbandb.com
4 night minimum stay during the Merrie Monarch Hula Festival.
- Hawaiian fruits, Kona coffee, teas, island juices, breads and scrumptious muffins are some of the specialties served for your breakfast.
- Large lanai, landscaped gardens, ample off-street parking. Guests share a living room with easy chairs and window seat. Breakfast area equipped with microwave, refrigerator. coffee pot and toaster.
Internet Access On-site Activities Private Bath Queen Bed
- We prefer cash or checks (USD) but we do accept Visa, Mastercard. Full refund up to 21 days before reservation date.
Personal Check Cash Master Card Visa
: John and
107 Koula St
Have you stayed with us?
Have you stayed at Holmes Sweet Home? Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Association would like to know about your experience. Please use the form below to tell us about your stay with Holmes Sweet Home. Your comments will be sent to the association as well as to the inn-keeper.
Please do not include any urls in your message. Domains should be written as www.site-dot-com. Fields with * are required.
This listing has been viewed 23928 times. Modified: 01/07/2014