Art And Orchids Bed And Breakfast
Conveniently located between Hilo, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and the lava viewing area, our property is on 3 acres of tropical rainforest. The fabulous swimming pool has a waterfall and is inlaid with mosaics.
: 808-982-8197 : 877-393-1894 : 808-756-6851
16-1504 39th Ave
Keaau, HI 96749
View map of area
Savor the beautiful, relaxing ambiance of Art and Orchids. Jerry and Markie thoroughly enjoy meeting people from all over the world while helping them appreciate the beauty and culture of Hawaii. We are artists who display our work as well as our diverse collection of original artwork from other artists. Stroll through our three acres of tropical rainforest with native Ohio and Hapuu, bamboo, fruit and spice trees, and orchids.
After a day of visiting active lava flows, Volcanoes National Park and local attractions such as waterfalls, botanical gardens, hiking, or snorkeling, relax in our hot tub, sit behind the waterfall in our salt water pool, or enjoy playing games in one of the common areas reserved for our guests.
We are eco-conscious and try to produce as much food from our land as possible. Besides our fruit and spice trees, we have a producing greenhouse and are developing a hydroponic system.
Aloha, Marklyn Wilson & Jerry Gardner
- Rural Hawaii only 15 miles from Hilo Airport, 20 miles to Volcanoes Park, 12 miles to Lava Trees Park, 20 miles to hot ponds and tide pools, 25 minutes to see the lava hit the ocean.
- Two rooms each with private bath.
- Orchid room $110 per night double occupancy.
Rainbow room $125 per night double occupancy.
Hawaii tax is extra. $10 discount for one person, $15 per person extra for more than 2 guests, first two children under 6 free.
- Our large breakfast includes local fruit, cereal (including our own macadamia nut granola), homemade muffins, ham, eggs, Hawaiian honey and jam, juice, tea and Hawaiian coffee.
- The lush three-acre lot features orchids growing in Ohia trees, coffee and macadamia nut orchards, citrus, papaya, banana, bamboo, heleconia and much more. The swimming pool includes a waterfall you can sit behind and mosaics of turtles and tropical fish. Our hot tub is in a rock wall enclosed courtyard that includes a water feature. Enjoy fresh eggs from local chickens. The common area features a large tropically furnished living room with a game table and lots of games, take-a-book-leave-a-book library, and a phone.
There is a screened-in balcony and a breakfast nook which overlooks the front yard. Kitchenette is available for guest use. Laundry service available. We have high speed wireless Internet connection. Fresh orchids and tropical flowers are displayed throughout the common area and bedrooms.
Cable/Satellite TV Hot-Tub Innkeeper onsite Internet Access King Bed Kitchen On-site Activities Private Bath Queen Bed
- o All rates double occupancy,10% kama'aina discount, 10% discount for one person. $15 per person extra for more than 2 guests, first two children under 6 free.
o Hawaii taxes 12.2%.
o 50% deposit to confirm reservation. Balance due at check-in.
o No refunds for early departures.
o We accept VISA, MasterCard, checks and travelers checks.
o Personal checks must be received within one week of phone confirmation.
o If cancellation is more than 21 days in advance, deposit will be refunded.
o If cancellation is less than 21 days in advance, deposit is forfeited unless room is re-booked.
o A $20 rebooking/handling fee applies to all cancellations.
o No refunds or cancellations during Merrie Monarch festival. Four night
minimum during Merrie Monarch.
o Check in: 3:00 to 6:00 pm; other times are possible if arranged in advance.
o Check out: 11:00 am.
o No smokers please. No smoking in the house or on the grounds.
JCB Personal Check American Express Cash Master Card Traveler's Check Visa
: Marklyn Wilson & Jerry
16-1504 39th Ave
Have you stayed with us?
Have you stayed at Art And Orchids Bed And Breakfast? Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Association would like to know about your experience. Please use the form below to tell us about your stay with Art And Orchids Bed And Breakfast. Your comments will be sent to the association as well as to the inn-keeper.
Please do not include any urls in your message. Domains should be written as www.site-dot-com. Fields with * are required.
This listing has been viewed 18352 times. Modified: 01/14/2013